Heffron Farms was originally settled in 1921 by Thomas and Cecelia Heffron. Today we are in our fourth generation of farming the land. The farm has always consisted of livestock and crops to feed our livestock. We feel blessed to have such fertile and productive land and we have always taken pride in being good stewards of this land.
In 1983 Heffron Farms decided to venture into the retail meat business, making natural meats available locally. Originally we marketed our meat at the City of Grand Rapids farmers’ market, which was a big success and led us to open a market on the farm. Two years later we opened our first store in the City of Grand Rapids, and from there we have opened additional stores in the surrounding area. Today Heffron Farms Markets have become well known for the quality of our natural products. “THE NATURAL WAY”